Business owners and self-employed entrepreneurs require a unique set of financial planning strategies to meet their individual needs.
As a business owner, you have worked exceptionally hard to develop your idea and create a successful company. If your company goes public or you sell it, you may find yourself with more wealth than you ever dared envisage for yourself and your family.
Darrow Wealth Management understands the challenges that the sudden acquisition of wealth can create. We have the experience to help you sort through the alternatives and create a comprehensive, strategic wealth plan to address your personal objectives today and in the future.
Self-employed individuals have a lot on their shoulders. The Darrow Private Wealth Management Program offers business owners and families a complete solution, giving them the freedom to spend more time living life, not just planning for it.
Wealth management for self-employed business owners
While every situation will be unique, there are a number of situations we frequently work to help our self-employed clients plan for or address:
- Planning for the sale of a business
- Finding the right professional resources for business and/or personal needs, such as accounting and tax professionals, attorneys, insurance providers, and third party administrators for retirement plans
- Managing cash flows including how to invest extra cash and juggle multiple financial goals
- Retirement planning and income projections during retirement
- Setting up and managing a 401(k) or SEP IRA retirement plan for your business
- Simplifying and organizing your financial life with a cohesive financial and investment strategy
- Working to develop a unified investment strategy based on your unique risk profile as a business owner
- Evaluating your insurance coverage such as life and disability
- Financial modeling and projections including the sale of the business
- Working to help clients limit unnecessary exposure in the market by emphasizing diversification, discipline, and patience
- Saving strategies to make the best use of cash flows and income
- Tax-efficient investing and planning with tax consequences in mind
- Helping ensure estate planning documents are kept up to date
- Ongoing investment management from a fiduciary and fee-only financial advisor