Financial Advisor for Sudden Wealth
Darrow Wealth Management regularly works with individuals who have experienced a sudden liquidity event from an IPO, selling a business, an inheritance, trust fund distribution, or other event. We’ll work to help you develop a strategy to make the most of the windfall and develop an investment plan going forward.
Planning and Investing After a Liquidity Event or Windfall
A major liquidity event can transform your financial life. To maximize the opportunity, it’s critical to get the right team of advisors in place before making an irreversible decision.
Our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals can work to help you:
- Discuss your goals to identify how to best utilize your new wealth in your financial plan or retirement plan
- Decide on a strategy to best use the proceeds, including funding multiple goals and investment management services to help you diversify sudden wealth
- Understand the tax implications of the windfall
- Analyze different holding periods when developing a liquidation strategy, factoring in risk, cash needs, and taxes
- Coordinate approach with your CPA and tax advisor
- Implement a multi-year diversification strategy through an ongoing wealth management advisory relationship