Retirement Wealth Advisors
Because you’ve been waiting your whole life for this. Whether you are a few decades away from retirement or just a few months, the Darrow team of financial advisors and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals can help provide the guidance you need to be retirement-ready.
Retirement planning is an integral part of the Private Wealth Management Program, which integrates financial planning with investment management and ongoing advisory counsel, to help ensure our clients have the freedom to enjoy their success without concern about where they stand financially, no matter what the future brings.
Retirement Planning as Part of Your Wealth Strategy
- Creating an income stream during retirement
- Developing assumptions for retirement: income expectations, retirement age, lifestyle, travel
- Navigating payout options for a pension or other deferred compensation
- Review of current savings and investment strategy
- Ways to save for retirement after maxing out a 401(k) or 403(b) plan at work
- Develop recommendations aligned with your goals
- Roth IRA conversion analysis
- What-if analysis (e.g. early retirement, second home purchase)
- Stock options and equity awards as part of your retirement planning and saving strategy
- Leaving a legacy and donating to charity
- Projected cash flows in retirement
- Diversifying your retirement savings from a tax and investment perspective
- Tax-efficient withdrawal strategies in retirement
- Social Security strategies
- Impact of required minimum distributions (RMDs) on your tax situation
- Optimizing 401(k) and IRA distributions to reduce tax impact
- Investment management in retirement: navigating the trade-offs between risk and return
- Medical expenses in retirement and changing care needs (e.g. nursing home, assisted living, and downsizing)
- Medicare and long-term care insurance considerations
Planning for retirement isn’t just about finances. Our team of retirement wealth advisors will take a consultative approach to help walk you through the various other considerations that may arise before or during retirement.
Common Retirement Planning Questions
- Where should I retire? When should I retire?
- How will I fill my days?
- What does retirement look like?
- Can I afford to retire with the lifestyle I want?
- Should I buy long-term care insurance?
- How will I pay for assisted living or a nursing home for me or my spouse?
- Where can I get health insurance before Medicare?
- What if I want to work during retirement?
- Should I downsize?
Depending on the topic and level of detail required, a comprehensive financial plan may needed for the analysis.