Understanding the fast-growing and evolving fields of biotech, pharma, and life sciences, which may involve frequent company shifts.
Even once you have reached the pinnacle of your career, new opportunities may constantly present themselves – including the possibility of starting your own company. Along the way it can be difficult to keep an eye on your overall strategy for building your wealth.
Darrow Wealth Management is experienced in working with busy professionals in the booming biotech industry in Greater Boston and Cambridge. We can coordinate your wealth management strategies and help you consolidate your accounts and old 401(k) plans you may have left at former companies. As M&A activity continues to thrive, we can also help you understand your options if your employer is being acquired. We watch over your personal finances so you can focus on what you do best while knowing that the professional team at Darrow is working for you.
Wealth management for professionals in biotech, pharma, and life sciences
While every situation will be unique, there are a number of situations we frequently work to help clients in biotech and life sciences plan for or address:
- Consolidate old 401(k) plans and other investments accounts at one institution with a unified investment strategy
- Evaluate a benefit package and discuss pros and cons of participation in certain programs
- Retirement planning and income projections during retirement
- Helping clients maintain financial stability despite frequent job changes and M&A activity
- How to invest extra cash
- Managing stock options, deferred compensation, stock appreciation rights, and other forms of equity compensation
- Navigating a severance package after being unexpectedly laid off
- Simplifying and organizing your financial life with a cohesive financial and investment strategy
- Managing retirement plans at work
- Evaluating your insurance coverage such as life and disability
- Working to help clients limit unnecessary exposure in the market by emphasizing diversification, discipline, and patience
- Saving strategies to make the best use of cash flows and income
- Financial modeling and projections
- Tax-efficient investing and planning with tax consequences in mind
- Ongoing investment management from a fiduciary and fee-only financial advisor